Let's learn about છ!
Kids learn best when they are having fun. I have found that my toddler is most excited to learn Gujarati when I associate the letters with fun activities or stories. That’s why each day we feature a Gujarati letter of the day, where we share activities and stories that are based on that letter. Today's letter is છ.
First up is છ for Chhatri (umbrella), છ for Chhokri (girl), and છ for Chhokro (boy).
1. Find a cupcake liner (if you don’t have one around, you may have to buy a cupcake, eat it, and clean the cupcake liner to use just for this activity… all in the name of learning)!
2. Fold the liner in half, and glue the liner onto the middle of a piece of paper.
3. Draw a line from the bottom of the liner. This will be your chhatri!
4. Draw a picture of a girl or boy underneath the chhatri. Dealer’s choice!
5. Add some rain (in the form of glitter) all over the paper.
Next up is some counting. Math is hard in any language, but counting is easy (especially if you know how to say છ)! Practice your numbers (and છ) by having your kid count all the way to chhatris (36).
Help the letter છ come to life through the story of the Chhokri (girl) and the Chhatri (umbrella). Check out this story (and more) under the “Gujarati stories” tab on our website.
The best way to learn another language is to hear as many words as possible. Here are just a few extra words to practice during the week that start with છ.
1. છ for Chhaaparu (Roof, છાપરું)
2. છ for Chhat (Ceiling, છત)
3. છ for Chhapu (Newspaper, છાપું)
#indianmom, #homeschooling, #gujarati, #indian, #education, #alphabet, #kindergarten