Kids learn best when they are having fun. I have found that my toddler is most excited to learn Gujarati when I associate the letters with fun activities or stories. That’s why each day we feature a Gujarati letter of the day, where we share activities and stories that are based on that letter. Today’s letter is ઘ.
First up is craft time with ઘ for Ghar (house).
1. Make an origami house. You can see whatever design you want, but I found this simple one that is easy for kids to follow:
Next up is animal time!
There are lots of animals that start with ઘ. Say the following animals and ask your kid what sounds they make. Then switch things up by making the animal sound yourself and having your kid guess what you are!
1. ઘ for Ghetu (Sheep, ઘેટું)
2. ઘ for Ghuvad (Owl, ઘુવડ)
3. ઘ for Ghodo (Horse, ઘોડો)
Your kid can see the letter ઘ in action through the story about the ghetu (sheep) and the lion.
Check out this stories (and more) under the “Gujarati stories” tab on our website.
The best way to learn another language is to hear as many words as possible. Here are just a few extra words to practice during the week that start with ઘ.
1. ઘ for Ghantari (Bell, ઘંટડી)
2. ઘ for Ghadiyad (Watch, ઘડિયાળ)